Perfect for production assistants looking to gain valuable experience in how to handle background actors in holding and on set. This is ideal for Additional Set PAs looking to gain skills so they can step up into those staff Set PA positions.
Our expert trainer will guide you through the process of:
- How to prepare holding for Background Actors
- Paperwork needed, and expected
- Working with the casting company
- Working with your Assistant Directors
- Getting Background actors through Hair, Make-up, and Wardrobe
- Getting Background to set
- Communicating to Assistant Directors about the Background
- Checking in Background Actors
- Managing Background Actors while on set with them
- Communicating with the Hair, Make-up, and Wardrobe Departments
- How to fill out the Background Breakdown
- General SAG rules, upgrades, vouchers, pay bumps, and meeting with the SAG rep
- Working with Background actors
- Helping your 2nd 2nd Assistant Director in placing Background
- Tips on setting Background
We'll also cover the Background Runner and Background Helper responsibilities and the difference between those positions on set.
Don't get thrown into the fire next time you're one set and need to fill in or step up into the Background PA role. Be prepared, and confident to work with cast.
You'll also receive the class materials shown for the training, and examples of paperwork needed.